Thursday, September 3, 2009

Been missing in action...

Hello everyone, so sorry that I have been MIA.

My dad has been battling cancer for some time now, but unfortunately the cancer has now taken the lead. Dad has been a real fighter throughout this whole terrible experience. Today my dad finally gave in to having HOSPICE come in.

I want to thank everyone for all your kind words and prayers. They have really meant alot to me.

I am sooooo grateful that I found scrapping (and my favorite mini albums) just a few months ago. It has been my therapy.

It is September 3rd and I am putting my final touches on my GGS August Swap. I have e-mailed Stephanie B. to let her know that (due to the holiday) I will be putting it in the mail to her on Tuesday.

I don't know what the next month is going to bring.......so, I have let Marion at GGS, Bona and Arlene at DSC and Kathryn at Life on the Scrapbeach that I will not be swapping for the month of September. I hope to be back in full swing in October.

I will post pictures of my mini for Stephanie as soon as I mail it. Thanks again everyone. I love all of you. ~Brenda

5 comments:

  1. May you have peace and strength through this tough time.
    Blessings, Vangie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda.. I am so sorry. Your sadness must be unmeasureable. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father and family. God Bless you. We will be waiting here for you on the scrappy sites when your able to join! Take care.. and your in my thoughts :)
    hugs,
    Stephanie (with a sad grin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words. It really means alot to me. ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was checking to see how you were. My Aroha (love) for you and especially your DAD, (it is FATHERS DAY here in New Zealand, today being 6th of Sept,) a prayer as I read your blog. Dad's are special, especially to girls, we base our whole life on them, as being, the 1st Male we as girls growing up, would want our husbands to be like, Strong, but gentle at the right times, and always there when you need a shoulder to cry on, or someone who loves you enough to say.., you will always bring me JOY. Dad's are made of the stuffing that makes us women who we are, and that's only 1 half of us.
    Stand strong sister, cherish the last moments with all your grace and heart, be STRONG for HIM. Thinking of you at this time. Arohanui XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Brenda,
    I never meant for you to cry, but if my message has done that, then its with great joy, you have had a great life and an enjoyable one that you can now carry into your scrapbooking, you see this is what makes scrapbooking so special, we go through life's joy's and happiness's, but there also comes these times, so many of us dont want to put into scrapbooking, these are the times and moments that are the hardest lessons in life to deal with, and yet WE ALL DO.... sooner or later we do..., our forefathers and mothers generations before have done it, and left memories for us to document or have kept as part of our history. Your Dad has had a wonderful life, remember all he has told you. and taught you and document them, Dont cry, embrass him, you are so lucky to of had your dad. Smile you are one lucky girl. XX Bless You.
    Your Friend J:-]

    ReplyDelete